I am a woman who is playing life like a game of chess. Checkmate will end it all, lets see who says it first.

Monday, June 12, 2006

The customer is not always right

If I have to speak to one more shi....y, braty customer today, I will blow my top. This is one of those days. Days when nothing seems to go right, and all the idiots are drawn to you like ants to honey.

I have been a customer service professional for 6 years now, and I still get ticked off by not angry but rude customers. And what takes the cake is when the customer has the I.Q. of frozen yogurt, puts on the most horrendous american accent (why don't they take their foot of their tongue before speaking) , and telling you how your company should operate. Then they will patronize you by saying 'Please don't mind" "I am sorry but". UUUUgh. And the Begum Saheb's .......... aaah the begum saheb's the biaaatches of Pakistan. They will not let you forget for one minute how things are done in US, UK, or whatever other country their husbands ship them off too.

I sometimes wonder what would be in a customer service professional's heaven. I can think up of a few
  • An ACD that can recognize a rude, obnoxious customer and give him an electric shock to deter him from calling again.
  • Head phones that go la la la la as soon as the customer shoots off profanity.
  • Power to put a curse on someone.
  • Your worst and most demanding clients all switch over to the competition
  • You get a gold coin everytime the customer says "I'll sue your company".
  • Enough budget to take out a 'supari'.
  • At the end of each shift you are given a full body massage.
Wouldn't this be nice! Well have to get back to work.

4 Comments:

Blogger mAn[S]o0r said...

hey checkmate! nice place you've got here... if you post more like this piece.. you've got a reader for LIFE.

i can so totally relate to bratty customers!! im not in customer service per se.. but i do have my fair deal of customer dealings... n its so DAMN IRRITATING at times. LoL!

mm.. about your last.. full body massage.. maybe that piece of heaven is coming to earth... check out my post Fringe benefits LoL!

5:13 AM

 
Blogger inspirex said...

hey checkmate....
nice one...

yeah, ive been on both ends myself...but i must say that at times, CS agents take customers for fools...while sometimes, costomers just get kicks out of bashing a CS agent...

all the best to you and no biggie about the help..

been a pleasure helping get another bloger "out there"....

all the best

5:39 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check, customers are always right , if you dont believe it in first place then it's very difficult for you to help them. But I guess people in Pakistan have attitude problem and they are bit ignorant so it could become tough. All the best. I was wondering do people really say that they could sue your company. I guess its a good thing, people have started knowing their rights and these companies could not take them for granted any more. On the side note CS in US could not be compared to Pakistan even after 20 years, infact it could not be compared to Europe today.

8:32 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

i guess you're the one who sent a comment on my blog the other day..

the obnoxious callers and those that demand an immediate answer are the most painful sometimes. i've realised that more and tried to calm myself down and be a bit more realistic when i ask for answers...

by the way,... if your company knows, they can have an ACD to prevent a rude caller to come on the queue :P

10:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home