I am a woman who is playing life like a game of chess. Checkmate will end it all, lets see who says it first.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Family and friends

The past week was a blur. Furniture shopping, getting pictures framed, planning a dinner for Saturday and my son had fever. But my husband and I managed. The drawing room looked good, the food did not burn and cake was devoured shamelessly (my husband baked it) . The dinner was to celebrate my birthday (15th June) and our wedding anniversary (18th June). But most of all it was to invite friends over. The gap between get togethers is becoming longer and longer. Everyone is busy with work, family, and everything in between.

I remember when Shabbir (My husband) and I were the only ones married in the group and had not become parents yet, we used to just get up and go to our friends place anytime. We would eat, watch movies, talk, play video games all night. But things changed and so did we. Nonetheless it is comforting to know that we might not call each other every week, forget to wish each other on birthdays, and not visit in ages but we are best of friends. And we will be there when it matters most.

What a pleasure it is to have good friends.

4 Comments:

Blogger inspirex said...

congrats!!!

and thanks for droppin by..
:)

11:57 PM

 
Blogger mAn[S]o0r said...

getting together with friends is always such a pleasent experience! if you have cousins in the same age group, they're fun too!

so junes the month of celebrations for you.. congrats jee on all your occasions n heres wishin ur son the best of health.

12:16 PM

 
Blogger inspirex said...

hey...read about ur company....sad...real sad...what place is this....if u dont mind telling me? off the record though??

5:33 AM

 
Blogger Talha Masood said...

wow...cool

It is a good thing that you have a nice husband!

12:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home