I am a woman who is playing life like a game of chess. Checkmate will end it all, lets see who says it first.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

From Board Room to Cafe Clifton

Checkmate, reporting back to duty. The training is over. It was hectic but intellectually stimulating. I was in the trainer's shoes after a long time. I have been doing CS training but to have Managers as trainees is a different experience.

And do I need to say they loved me ?? (pulling my collar now) . Got an average 9 out of 10 in the final evaluation. The late sittings paid off.

The day was very long. We had an official dinner afterwards at B.B.Q tonight. I stayed back at the office to finish my daily work, answer emails and read a few blogs. And there was no light at home so it was no use going back home and sweating.

The dinner was fun. The sales managers are a hilarious bunch. When the brass left we headed for Cafe Clifton for tea. Stood there laughing our heads off. Our guests from up-country enjoyed themselves. I am half Punjabi so it feels nice to hear the Punjabi version of Urdu once in a while. A punjabi joke (and abuse) will never sound the same in any other language.

Drove home. Germany and Italy had just kicked off the semi final match. I was too pooped to stay awake and watch.

I will try and write some more today. It gives me immense happiness that my posts make people laugh or puts a smile on someone's face. There is no greater pleasure than to make someone happy.

Missed all my blog friends in the past few days. But now I am here.

P.S. I need to put up my urdu poetry blog need help in figuring out the easiest way of writing urdu script. If anyone has suggestions please let me know.

8 Comments:

Blogger mAn[S]o0r said...

welcome baq jee!!

its GOOD to see ya again! looking forward to more hilarious posts.

im glad the training went well.. i have one coming up on the 14-15.. and god knows what im gonna do! *pray 4 me :$* lolz~!

11:34 PM

 
Blogger inspirex said...

welcome back gurl....

5:19 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome bak sis:) Hugz!!

2:28 PM

 
Blogger Checkmate said...

Missed you guys.

Mansoor: you will do well bro. Just remember you need to enjoy yourself and relaaaaaaaaaax.

2:15 AM

 
Blogger Vaqas said...

thank Holy God Germany and Brazil are out..otherwise it would have been pretty boring.

4:39 AM

 
Blogger Checkmate said...

Xill-e-Ilahi: I can do that. But I would like to have it in Urdu script also. Maybe I can start with Roman and then have both options available. Thanks.

5:33 AM

 
Blogger Talha Masood said...

Try urdu lite and you are w/c to post your poetry on bayaaz.:)

5:28 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wish i cud mouth off those punjabi jokes and curses....whenever i do, ppl end up laffing at my accent ! :S and told off to stick to polishing my urdu since im insulting punjabi with my faulty accent and intonation!

12:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home