I am a woman who is playing life like a game of chess. Checkmate will end it all, lets see who says it first.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

I'll take a Rickshaw to Heaven

I am not superstitious, but I've always had this feeling that if I don't die of natural causes, I will either drown or be hit by a rickshaw. Why a rickshaw, you ask? Well because as far back as I can remember they have swerved right at me. As soon as I step onto the road, one appears out of no where and passes within inches of me.

I don't know why but today I am thinking about death. No I am not depressed. You sometimes just think about such things. I have never really planned my life. I don't have 5 year plans or charts hanging around telling me where I would be 10 years from now. I try and take life as it comes. Planning or should I say too much planning is never good. My goals in life are very simple, stay happy, try and do good work, help people whenever and wherever possible, party when you feel like it, close your doors when you want to be alone, make friends and devour books. Am I religious, maybe and maybe not. I just don't know what qualifications are needed to be religious. But I never forget my creator and my faith in Him is what keeps me going.

I am trying to learn to forgive (especially myself), to like mediocre things and not judge. I have learned to recognize my limitations and to live with them.

I just hope that after I am no more when people think about me they would remember a friend who made them happy and made them laugh. And they would say a little prayer for me.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How morose yet eloquently touching post.

5:13 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm.. all i can say is that you are depressed! otherwise you wouldn't bring the topic from rickshaw to your plans and talk about death that way.. it just came from nowhere just like rickshaws :) regards

7:13 AM

 
Blogger mAn[S]o0r said...

planning life is overrated!!! i've made about 6 five-year plans till now..... only to have each one of them changed.. so now. i only plan for the next morning ;)

8:18 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One should never plan...it never goes according to plan...

Allah has a plan for all us..n only his Plan is real...

Hugs

9:29 AM

 
Blogger Talha Masood said...

It is very hard to forgive yourself, sometimes almost impossible.

I pray for you, peace!

5:16 PM

 
Blogger Checkmate said...

Dear All, Thank you for your discussion.

Aatif: Yes I could be depressed. But in these times who isn't.

Mansoor, Suga: too much planning is bad. Because when things don't go accordingly it is disappointing.

Talha: We sometimes just forget to forgive ourselves. And it is so danm hard.

9:26 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for dropping by on my blog and revealing to me your most amazing writing. Some of it just has me in stitches.
As for this post, all I can say is Thank You, i am so sick of people forver talking about doing BIG things and being successful and above the mundane. What's wrong with medicrity i ask you? I wanna do a post on mediocrity sometime.
Btw, did i mention you have an amazing blog?

6:22 AM

 
Blogger Checkmate said...

Sabizak, thank you for visiting and liking my blog. I would love to read what you have to say about mediocrity. Keep visiting!

5:06 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww......

i guess there comes a stage when u just take life as it comes....ive reached that stage some 5 years ago....so now even if i do hit a rickshaw die....i wont regret not having lived enough of life...and no am not depressed...im actually talking sense! :P

12:15 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home